Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sad news

This after noon I got a call from my twin sister. She had to tell me that my grandmother had passed away. very sad news but she is now in a better place and with the husband she loved so much.
This is the poem I found for her and will take to her service which will be next sat.

What My Grandmother Meant To Me

Grandmothers have no wands or wings,
So they work with wisdom, love, and things.
Having taken on this role,
You loved me right down to my soul.
You offered kindness And greetings with a hug and kiss,
Each freely out of love which I will miss.
I chose a twinkling star in the sky at night ,
To say a prayer for you to it's bright light.
You’re in God’s Heavens now and no longer in pain,
In my thoughts, you’ll always remain…

How lucky I was,
How blessed I’ve been,
You were more than my Grandmother,
You were also my friend.
I love you and miss you
Your Granddaughter

1 comment:

Todd said...

So sorry for your loss. *HUGS* Very nice, sweet poem.