I'll Wait For YouJoe NicholsBill Anderson/Harley Allen
The snow in Montana was three feet highThe lady at the counter said: There ain't no flightsAnd so he called her on the telephoneHe said: I'll rent a car and I'll drive homeAnd she said: I'll wait for youLike I did last yearAt Christmas time with your family hereAnd your truck broke down out in San AntoneAnd the gifts stayed wrapped until you got homeOh, this ain't nothin' newSweetheart, I'll wait for youNow he's on his cell phone in a Coupe DevilleTalkin' to the one he loves and always willHis heart is breakin' 'cause she's there aloneHer heart is achin' 'cause she wants him homeShe says: I'll wait for you like in '68When our child was due, but I said, he'll have to waitUntil his dad gets here and stands by my sideRemember, Dear, our son's first cryOh, this ain't nothin' newSweetheart, I'll wait for youHe didn't stop all day to eat a biteAnd he finally got there around midnightThe doctor said, she's in a better placeShe said to give this you this note just in caseAnd it said, I'll wait for you at Heaven's gateOh, I don't care how long it takesAnd I'll tell Saint Pete I can't come inWithout my love and my best friendOh, this ain't nothin' newSweetheart, I'll wait for youP.S. I love you, tooSweetheart, I'll wait for you
Sunday, January 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"cool that you have friend come see you and that you had a nice time."
Thanks. Although they claim to be "born again xtians" (well, him more than her), they're definitely NOT fundies. *shweh!*
Post a Comment