Sunday, December 17, 2006

Why the hell do people in jail get treated so well??

Ok I have been thinking about this for a few weeks. I am on SSI for some stuff that has happend to me but b4 that I was working every time I could in my life from the age of 15.
I am now on SSI and as of jan 1st will be getting a check of about 623 a month to live on. I do have medical from the state which helps but not as much as it could of. I am also in need of alot of dental work and cant save up the money to get in to get the work done that needs done in a very bad way.
but on the news a few weeks ago i was watching a story about the care that people who are in jail get from seeing a dr and getting dental care for free payed by you all who pay taxes. Also storys about people in jail and prison getting organs needed to keep them alive when a person out in the world could of used it and put it to better use then a person who is going to be in jail for the rest of her or his life.
Also why do you all as tax payers pay for the people in jail to work even if its just 50 cents a day or less. Why do you all as tax payes pay for these people to keep going to school to be lawyers and stuff like that.
Why do jails have gyms to play basketball in and lift weights why are people who did shit wrong get all this stuff for doing shit that should not of happend.
just not sure why its a better life in jail or prison then out in the real world.
What the hell is wrong with the USA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"just not sure why its a better life in jail or prison then out in the real world.
What the hell is wrong with the USA"


I've heard that prison isn't actually all that nice of a place to be even though they get everything you mentioned, at least in some of them. But I've also heard that many of the prisons in this country aren't much better than Abu Garaib or Gitmo :-( That being said, I don't think prisoners should get free college degrees 'just because they can'. Although they're going to need some way to make a living if/when they get out, because they're not given money to restart a new life when parolled or released.

Anonymous said...

"well sorry if my post on jail and prison made you mad"

Oh, you didn't make me mad. *hug* It was just something that came to mind when I read it. I agree that the prisoners probably get too much, and it's easier a lot of times than on the outside. They get 3 meals a day no matter what, whereas so many people who aren't in prison are starving :-( Again, not mad :-) Hope you have a happy Yule holiday!