Ok so I get up this am to check on Dragon. He is shaking so I call the vet even if it was 7 i needed to know if I could bring him in. The lady on the phone was very nice and said to go ahead and bring him in as close to 8 as i could so that Dragon would be one of the first to be seen. So I take him out of his cage and carry him out to do his stuff b4 I take him in. I pick him up put him in the front seat of the van and he did not move the whole trip to the vet which is just a few miles from the house.
So we are 2nd on the list to be seen. I was hoping to get the older man vet who I like better but I get the lady which Dragon seems to bite every time she works on him. So She looks at his back paw and says to me I think we will put him under and be able to just clip off the claw very very short or we might have to take his toe off. So I told her i had to ok the cost with Storm due to him being the one who was going to pay for it on sat.(payment had been worked out with them due to Storm being out of town). So I am ready to hear that it is going to be about $100 or more. But She looks at me and says it should run $40 and the cost of meds so it does not get infected. So i called Storm and he said ok. So the vet asked me to hold Dragon as she gave him a shot to put him under and he tryed to bite her as she did that. So now dragon is having a small operation to fix his back paw. I call to check on him at noon. So send good thoughts his way.
As some of you have seen dragon you can see he has no hair or very little. So I also asked her what might be the proublem . Well she did say its not mange and that he just has very oily skin and to keep putting the corn starch on him. and give him a bath every week. the other vet told me to just give him a bath every 2 months. So I will try the corn startch still and bath him every week. She also said to take him off dog food that is made with corn. So I will look at the store when we go sat.
So wish us luck . I will take pic of his foot when he gets back. Would of done pic last night but I could not bring my self to do them due to the pain he was in.
Have a good day.
Thursday, September 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment