Well I got up this am. Took the dogs out as i do every day of the week unless Storm is home then he does it. Well As i was headed back in the the house i stoped and looked in the bigger water garden and what do i see about 8 fish on the top of the pond. Well I am very sad right now. The water also is very dark. Well I got to looking around in the water after i took Katie back in the house and In the bottom of the pond is alot of walnuts. So i guess the ones falling from the tree in the wind the last few days might of ended up in the pond. Well I guess it kills fish what ever is in the skins of the walnuts.
Well I called Storm and asked him if he would help me change out the water on sat when he got his stuff done that needed done at the house. He said he would help me out and he would also try and make a screen to put over the pond area to help the walnuts from ending up in the pond and killing my fish. So that is so nice of him to help me out as soon as he can.
The fish in the small pond are doing fine. I guess becaues its not as close to where the tree is that has walnuts on it. I hope when we dump the water from the other that I do find some fish still alive and move them to the small pond tell the water is fine to put them back in the bigger one.
I hope next year to have a big inground pond that Storm makes with the stuff he said he could use from work. The biggest cost then will be the pump and filter.
Well i am going to go and try to take some water out of the pond so Storm does not have to do alot when he has time.
Friday, August 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well the Mo schools are out to make as much money on a child as can be made. So why put air in and loose money for that day that the air needs to be used.
Yeah, sad but true that the schools aren't really as much about "learning" as they are about "federal money" :-(
Well As i was headed back in the the house i stoped and looked in the bigger water garden and what do i see about 8 fish on the top of the pond. Well I am very sad right now.
I'm SO sorry to hear that your fish died :-( *HUGS* I didn't know that Walnuts in their water would kill them. I know it's good for de-worming cats and dogs if you put a Walnut in their water bowl though, so that surprises me about the fish. Again, my condolences :-(
Post a Comment